hacked?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: MacBook Intel CD 2GHz, 2G, 120G (White)
So for the last week my connection has been dropping out for no reason, had my macbook for about 3 months and everything up until now has been fine.
my connection will be ok all day, then for no reason just start playing up, like bars dropping off the signal, or showing full signal yet wont connect.. then this morning i wake up to find this message..

"The wireless network appears to have been compromised and will be disabled for about a minute"

now im pretty sure no one is trying to compromise my network.. but something is pretty screwed up.

any help would be cool.

PS: i've already tried taking my macbook to work and i get the same problems.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
it could just be some new form of interference. did you buy any new electronics, or live in an apartment or townhome?

you could try moving the router or changing channels in the router's wireless setup.

if it were someone jumping on your network, you'd probebly notice nothing unless you were both trying to dl huge files at the same time. do you have wep or wpa or any other security measures set up?

edit: i must have blocked out the taken to work comment - that's just weird.
did you get a new cell phone maybe? i guess it could be a wireless device going out in the macbook, 'cause usually, they're really good/solid.

Reaction score
So why do you think it's hacked? Could just be a hardware issue. Do a process list - top in the terminal and see if there are any "strange" processes that you can't identify - look them up if you have to.

Also try running netstat -A to see if there are any sockets or ports talking that shouldn't be - again look the ones up you are unsure of.

Good luck,

Jay

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: MacBook Intel CD 2GHz, 2G, 120G (White)
hmm Ive just deleted the setting on my router and changed the channels.. so far so good :) cheers eric :Blushing:

it could just be some new form of interference. did you buy any new electronics, or live in an apartment or townhome?

you could try moving the router or changing channels in the router's wireless setup.

if it were someone jumping on your network, you'd probebly notice nothing unless you were both trying to dl huge files at the same time. do you have wep or wpa or any other security measures set up?

edit: i must have blocked out the taken to work comment - that's just weird.
did you get a new cell phone maybe? i guess it could be a wireless device going out in the macbook, 'cause usually, they're really good/solid.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.