Is it important to match manufacturers ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Core2Due 20" iMac - 2Gb RAM - wireless Mac KB - wireless MX610 mouse
when adding memory?

Of course type and speed must be matched, but should I add memory from the same manufacturer?

cheers

Reaction score
Dave,

Absolutely not... no need to match... if you're looking for reliable and very reasonable prices check out NewEgg.com. I must have posted this 10 times already but I recently purchased 2 GB ram for my macbook for $109 compared to Apple's $350. I will also say, if you search for NewEgg.com I bet a bunch of recommendations in this forum will come up.

Hope that helps.

Scott

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Scott.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Another question, how hard is it to stick in another 1Gb SIMM? (I'm bumping up to 3Gb.)

The shop where I bought my iMac did the original upgrade from 1 -> 2Gb and used Transcend memory. I can buy 3Gb of Corsair memory for the same price as the original upgrade - very dumb of me. ;P

Any thoughts on Transcend?

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply man... I missed your new post somehow.... I can't say about the make but installing ram is generally a very easy thing to do... HOW TO INSTALL RAM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.