Ejecting a disk during windows setup?

Reaction score
Here is my scenario, i have a core 2 macbook (2ghz), a windows 98 full disc and a windows XP upgrade disc. What I normally do on PCs is use the upgrade disc and then when it asks put the 98 disk in, and then put the XP disc back in and it continues on installing. I have tried this with bootcamp bu I cant get the disc to eject. Is there a way of ejecting a disc during windows setup either by key commands or physically removing it.

Any help would be hugely appreciated but I have always had a good run with this forum.:Smirk:

Cheers
Alex Mills

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
There is no way to eject a disc with out hitting the eject button (a button that does not work during set-up) or by holding the mouse button down while booting... neither of these options will help you in your current dilemma, i regret to inform you that Apple does not support the use of upgrade discs, so they will not be of any help if you call them either.

Maybe somebody else on these forums has a way to create a disc that will allow you to use the upgrade and 98 disc but on the same disc (does that sentence make any sense), kind of like the way they can update the installer to install sp2.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thats a cool idea, except I have no idea how to do that. Does any one? is it even possible to combine a full windows 98 disc with a windows XP SP2 upgrade disc?

OP
M
Reaction score
Combing Win 98 and XP discs into one

Does anyone know how to combine a full windows 98 disc with a XP upgrade disc so that it can be used with bootcamp?

I have no idea how to do it.

Cheers
Alex Mills

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Does anyone know how to combine a full windows 98 disc with a XP upgrade disc so that it can be used with bootcamp?

I have no idea how to do it.

Cheers
Alex Mills

To my knowledge, you can't do that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.