Why!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15' 2.33Ghz C2D MBP, 3GB RAM, 200GB HDD
I've had horrible luck with my Macbook Pro. First, the laptop wouldn't shut on one side. Send that back. Next one had a squeaky hinges and a very uneven backlight. Send that back. Now, I get this one today. Where do I go from here? It's just annoying.

vlcsnap-3696609.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I think there's a dent in the front edge. Pretty understandable that your annoyed mate, are these refurbs or new?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
you have some bad luck there! quit cutting people off the road when you drive. ;)

I hope the 4th time is the charm!

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's new. The top right corner looks a bit worn away and that dent. I'd ignore it but it's hard not to notice in the corner of my eye. On top of that, the screen is off center. I had it ordered online but since it's the stock configuration, I think I'm going to head to the Apple Store and have it switched out. I think what bothers me is the price and the fact that they can't put it together right.

Reaction score
I'd be irritated too!

Given the price of these computers, one would expect to be spared the production irregularities. However, sadly, this is not the case with electronic goods.

Whatever the price, because of the complexity of putting these things together, there will always exist a higher probability, relative to other simpler to produce goods, of receiving a less than perfect product.

Best of luck on your next one!

Reaction score
It's new. The top right corner looks a bit worn away and that dent. I'd ignore it but it's hard not to notice in the corner of my eye. On top of that, the screen is off center. I had it ordered online but since it's the stock configuration, I think I'm going to head to the Apple Store and have it switched out. I think what bothers me is the price and the fact that they can't put it together right.

Wow...I got a refurb one and it has something tiny and similar to that, but I expected it...it is a refurb. If it was new, I would freak.

Have you thought about going to a apple store and seeing the unit when you but it??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
dont give up. you'll be glad you got it when u get one that works fine !

gd luck.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I ordered a return on it from Apple Store phone support. I went to an Apple Store Genius Bar earlier today and after spending an hour waiting past my appointment time, I was given lip service from their Genius working there, refusing to replace or return it unless I paid a restocking fee for it. I told him it was there I even said, "Doesn't Apple have a no questions asked policy with customer support?" He said something in the lines as "Well, it doesn't bother me" and kept refusing (well, refusing and mentioning a restocking fee). I wasted a lot of time. I know it sounds like I might be a snippy customer. I'm not, I give people more respect than they deserve. This guy deserved none from me based on his barrage of questions. I'm now left with a pending return with plenty of accessories I bought for my Macbook Pro that will never really see any use. I guess I can use my 15 inch InCase for a different laptop or my Macbook Pro keyboard skin... I dunno... this has just bee another awful experience from Apple.

Reaction score
You definatly are not at fault here! You've paid a fair amount for a laptop and the least you should get is a new laptop without dings, scratches, etc. It's too bad the Apple experience is going south for you. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Was there no one in the store higher in Apple's food chain than the "genius?"

You should make it plain to a manager exactly what you went through.
Totally agree!! The manager really needs to hear about that sort of behavior.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm probably going to go back tomorrow when I'm around town doing errands and such. That, and I'm probably going to try a different Apple Store. It's just stupid. What's that kid got to lose? I sincerely question Apple's hiring standards at times. I don't think my complaint was any less legit than the people before me that can't turn on their iPods... so yeah. That store needs to be audited or reviewed by a higher power within Apple. This is the second time that they tried to frak me with a restocking fee. Lousy... totally lousy. The smirk on that kids face when he said, "Well, I can't guarantee the next one will be any better." I decided to retreat and come up with a new plan. It was to the point where I was going to bluntly yell at the idiot. The customer is always right, first rule of customer support. As you can see, I'm still upset about it. I liked that computer, but I carry extremely high standards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jedivulcan, at the very least write an email to Apple about your treatment at that store. If you remember the name of the 'kid' it would be even better, but either way I wouldn't just let it go! The company needs to know about it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I had a lot of lemon Macbook Pro's and I was given heck for the last month. I finally got everything settled. Apple was quite nice and willing to accommodate to my problem :D :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Congratulations on the positive outcome. Glad to hear it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.