Newbie Help??

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am buying a home theatre and they are giving me a free 60Gb Mini Mac to go with it. I want to expand the hard drive capacity so I can have a CD/photo and DVD library, can anyone please recommend what sort of external hard drive I should buy?

(I will need 500GB minimum) but as it is going next to my TV it must be very quiet?

I have looked at both the 500GB Mac-Mini hard disk or the LaCie 500GB mini HD External Hard Drive.

Really need some good advice please??

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
You might want to check into the miniStack V2 by newer technology inc. Wisper quiet operation, extra ports. Up to 750GB of 3.5" drive space, plenty of storage for music, video files etc.

Check it out at www.macsales.com/storage

Hope this helps for comparison with others.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You might want to check into the miniStack V2 by newer technology inc. Wisper quiet operation, extra ports. Up to 750GB of 3.5" drive space, plenty of storage for music, video files etc.

Check it out at www.macsales.com/storage

Hope this helps for comparison with others.

Carol are you sure about the "whisper quiet" part? I have repeatedly seen people complain about the noise levels from the miniStacks vs the near silence of the Mini they are paired with...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I like the last one because of the large fan. That HD will get hot quickly, so I advise getting something with a fan. It should compliment your mac mini nicely as well.
Bryan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.