latest system update pwnd my bootcamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
leopard macbook pro 17" | ipod touch
There were some updates that my computer installed last night, one of them was an airport extreme update (i don't remember the 2 others). It asked for a restart after them, and ever since then it doesn't let me choose my OS on startup. When i hold down Alt/Option it doesn't give me a choice, it just boots to the default drive. The only way i can now switch to windows is to designate the windows partition as default, then i have to change the default back to OSX to return to the mac side. Any suggestions about what to do?

OP
cherry
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
~bump~

So i guess i'm the only unlucky one after this latest software update?
Is there a way to do a system restore or anything?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
can u see then bootcamp drive in osx on the desktop, or disk utility?

maybe try to restore the drive to a single partition using the bootcamp util. and just doing a reinstall .

if its not coming up at bootup, that cant be good!

OP
cherry
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not sure what you mean, but the windows harddrive can be seen on the mac side. I really don't wanna restore to one partition and start all over...ugh. I guess i'll just keep changing the target disk startup until i find time to go through all of that...what a pain.

OP
cherry
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This is so weird, but it started working again for no reason today...so the mystery continues. Thx for your help tho kgeier. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.