What would you pay for....

S

Sirjammer69

Hi all looking at older powerbooks, wondering if an older but in wicked shape PB G4 400mhz 128 ram 10g is worth anything, and what the 500, and 667, dvi and non dvi are worth. I was looking at getting a g4 400mhz because it was cheap and i am sick of my hp athlon 2200+ thats only 2 months old so im sellin it! Thanks all. plus do the 400PB's still work with panther well?

J :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I'm not sure how much it's worth, but if you don't plan any heavy apps like graphic work, it'll run fine enough, but a bit more RAM is a good idea

OP
S

Sirjammer69

Cool, i am only using it to browse and play games online like pogo, word process etc, nothing major, but id like a little versatility in a beautiful package, and while the hp ze 4400 series looks ok, not as nice as a tibook. But also i miss mac already so thatd be part of it.

J

OP
S

Sirjammer69

SO do you all think ill be happy converting from my athlon xp 2200+ pc to a g4 powerbook of only 400 or 500 mhz ilk in a g4? I got 923$ US on ebay for this lappy which only is gunna cover a low end powerbook, but if i maxed out the ram and hdd i imagine id still like the comp yes? Im not using it for gaming or anything, but i would like dvd's to look good on it and i imagine 8Mb's ram even if really low should be ok, im still not sure what the avg prices are for these comps (400mhz-550Mhz PB's) but i am sure ill find one, thanks all for any response.

J :confused:

OP
N

nicholas

400-500Mhz powerbooks are no way in **** worth $900+. To my surprise, most people who do sell their macs mark up the price so ridiculously high, not realizing that their prices are only a couple hundred less than the latest model, or fractions less if you have an educational discount connection. I've seen people trying to sell 400mhz G3 towers for $400 or $500. It's like, dude, get real. They'd be lucky to have someone even give them half. If you have $900 you should be able to get a powerbook STARTING at the 867Mhz mark. If 400 to 500Mhz is what your'e in the market for...I'd say...hmmm...no more than $500.

OP
S

Sirjammer69

Yeah its werid how jacked up the prices are for these PB's, id really like to get my hands on a PB 800 or 867Mhz for 900US$ if anyone has one post here and let me know what you have got and what you want for it...ebay is not looking like the route.

Thanks

J

nicholas said:
400-500Mhz powerbooks are no way in **** worth $900+. To my surprise, most people who do sell their macs mark up the price so ridiculously high, not realizing that their prices are only a couple hundred less than the latest model, or fractions less if you have an educational discount connection. I've seen people trying to sell 400mhz G3 towers for $400 or $500. It's like, dude, get real. They'd be lucky to have someone even give them half. If you have $900 you should be able to get a powerbook STARTING at the 867Mhz mark. If 400 to 500Mhz is what your'e in the market for...I'd say...hmmm...no more than $500.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.