External HDD and Network

Reaction score
I have a MacBook, and an external hard drive with movies and stuff on it. What I want to do is hook up my hard drive in a way that I could access all of my files wirelessly and be able to stream movies from the HDD to my computer which would be hooked up to a tv in the living room, so that I would not have to carry my hard drive all around my apartment. Also, is there a way that I can hook up my hard drive to the internet or something and be able to access the files wherever I go, including outside of my apartment?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
The only way that I know is by using Western Digital My Book World Edition I and II.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
The new Airport Extreme has a NAS option, which allows you to share any USB hard drives attached to it over your network. This would extend your reach as far as the Airport's WiFi goes. Is this a possible solution?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
I did know about this, but he wants to access it from anywhere and not only his apartment.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.