mySQL ODBC Problems

Reaction score
I've been trying and failing to set up an ODBC connection to the mySQL database that drives my e-commerce website. I've got a MacBook and am trying to setup the connection for use with OpenOffice.

I'm a bit confused as to which ODBC driver I need from the mySQL website, there are three listed for Mac OS X. I'm guessing it should be the X86 3.51.14 Tar package, but I don't know what to do with the files in it as there appears to be no install feature.

I managed to get one of the other drivers to install, but there is no wizard to setup a new connection - everything I've read says there should be. So I set it up manually and it all looks ok and is registered on the system as a data source.

However, when I use it in OpenOffice it comes up with the following error message:

"The connection to the data source could not be established"

"SQL Status: 00000
Error code: -1341126376

[iODBC][Driver Manager]dlopen(/usr/lib/libmyodbc3.dylib, 6): no suitable image found. Did find:
/usr/lib/libmyodbc3.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
/usr/lib/libmyodbc3.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture"

I've only just started using Mac OS X, but never had any problems with this sort of thing under Windows.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jonny.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.