• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iBook design flaw found

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Faulty Solder Joints. WOW...

I think its time to come up with something to elimenate those darn awfull solder joints, in my line work I see them causing way too many issues as well, I do feel bad for Apple tho :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Again, this is media blowing something out of proportion. So a few iBooks had issues. Okay, Apple can fix those on a case by case basis. They always have. I have never had an issue with an Apple product that they weren't willing to correct. If it actually is a "design flaw", as these people suggest, then Apple will no doubt offer a voluntary recall/repair program as it always has in situations that call for it.

But to make this out as some sort of epidemic like this article does is insane.
I especially love the "warning" from the consumer group about their "100% success rate" with suing companies. That is what really cheapens and discredits this 'report'. They are no better than the ambulance-chasing, "accident and injury" shysters. Getting customers full rebates, with interest... for a machine that is 3 years old????? This group is simply out to make a buck. I hope they get shut down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I'm actually surprised the story was even picked up by Macworld of all magazines.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook super
Im still rocking an ibook from early 04 and its copped all sorts of abuse,

Much rather these supposed problems than a loud hot macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
As far as I know loud hot Macbooks no longer exist...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" G4 iBook 512k, 60gb, 4 widgets.
1." Apple would be well-advised to settle out of court because “We have something like a 100 percent success rate in our court cases,” he warned."

"Something like '100%'" is like being a little pregnant. What a dunce.

2. Yeah, maybe Apple oughtta goodwill a repair- but if you've been using your notebook for three years, and suddenly get a refund WITH INTEREST?

No wonder things cost so much these days. We've got to cover Tortholes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" G4 iBook 512k, 60gb, 4 widgets.
I especially love the "warning" from the consumer group about their "100% success rate" with suing companies. That is what really cheapens and discredits this 'report'. They are no better than the ambulance-chasing, "accident and injury" shysters. Getting customers full rebates, with interest... for a machine that is 3 years old????? This group is simply out to make a buck. I hope they get shut down.

Yeah, what he said. :D

BTW, I have a get rich quick scheme that has something like a 100% chance of earning you something like 30% on your investment. To receive something like a booklet on how, send EXACTLY $125.00 to:

Danish Fruitcake
1547 Flux Road
Barrister, Denmark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.