Just ordered my new PowerBook! 5.1 surround sound, how?

W

WhitE_RabbiT

Fully loaded (check out the specs on the left). I'm so excited. Hopefully Apple won't realease any more updated before I go to college in August.

I have a question tho. How would I go about getting 5.1 capability out of my new laptop. I'm assuming I would need an external sound card/device. What would be my best option?

Thanks Guys
-A happy new Mac user

OP
N

nicholas

I'd go with M Audio products. I used to own their Audiophile 24/96 card for my DP1.25 G4 and it truly sounded amazing. Not quite home theater component amazing, but let's get real...for a computer, it was pretty sweet. They got a USB 7.1 device called the Sonica Theater I believe. I'm sure they have 5.1 models as well, but in my opinion? M Audio all the way baby.

OP
W

WhitE_RabbiT

Thank you very much for the reply. I will go check them out right now.

Does anybody else have any other suggestions? Perhaps a good site I could go to in order to browse some hardware made for macs? I am new, so I am not really sure where I should be looking.

Thanks again.

OP
C

Chamorro

WhitE_RabbiT said:
Thank you very much for the reply. I will go check them out right now.

Does anybody else have any other suggestions? Perhaps a good site I could go to in order to browse some hardware made for macs? I am new, so I am not really sure where I should be looking.

Thanks again.

I like M Audio too, but also look into Yamaha's Cavit series of external processors, a couple of models have built-in amps.

OP
N

nicholas

Haha, Whiterabbit, I just find it humorous that despite your name, you have a rubber ducky as your avatar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.