• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Acknowledge a few people

Reaction score
I know some people feel they dont get the rep they deserve and think that they are underapriciated. So I decided to start this thread as a place where you can post about some people that have been real helpful to you.
I guess I will start:
RIDE: The first time I came here I posted a question and right away he helped me out and I wanted to say thankyou for that.
There were others like MacHeadCase, ToddG, KoDorSean, and Baggss and not directly to me, but pulse-8 and mathogre have from what I have seen stuck with people to help them out with there problems. So thanks again to all of you!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
cool thread idea!

My vote would be Pulse-8 and MacHeadCase. Both have bent over backwards to help me!

Reaction score
Pulse and MHC always seem to be right on top of most of my queries... if not, they point me in the right direction. Having ALL of you, truly made the switch for me ideal. Honestly, I've never used forums before, now I'm involved in about 7 of them, but I'm in here more than anywhere else... Thanks, and my son will be in here soon the end of July (I've decided he needs to start learning mac EARLY, so I'm getting him a macbook for his birthday July 22d)- unlike his stubborn father who stuck with MS and windows for 12 years!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I know some people feel they dont get the rep they deserve and think that they are underapriciated. So I decided to start this thread as a place where you can post about some people that have been real helpful to you.
I guess I will start:
RIDE: The first time I came here I posted a question and right away he helped me out and I wanted to say thankyou for that.
There were others like MacHeadCase, ToddG, KoDorSean, and Baggss that have also helped me out so thanks again to all of you!!

Thanks gnrfsu! I'm happy to have helped you. There are a LOT of helpful folks here! Here's a list of the ones that are currently signed in:

.bean, Andrew D., brianj08, cody lee, Craig, cramar, crunchiespg, dekan, dr4cula, gmjames, gnrfsu, iRye, jayoe, Kar98, Katness, Kilted1, KoDorSean, laimonas.s, lbfan29, leecho7, Lisa, lornegustafson, MACyMouse, math, mathogre, Mattlike, MinaMACMan, MUDCRABS, pagod, Postoak, Pulse-8, punkr0x0r, rages4calm, rixx03, sak, SASouth, schweb, Sherman Homan, skywyler, SnowmanSimon, surfwax95, Thyamine, wcarr3, x59

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Oh Ride you Humble one :D

Well, I can't really specify one person who helped me out. Why you wonder?

Well because this Forum as a whole with all its amazing members guided me threw the whole Switch wheather it be directly or indirectly. So it will be a long list for me to type and u to read ;D but all you people of the M-F are awesome and I am extremely happy to be a member of M-F :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
There are some great folk here even before I switched I came here for advice. A lot of subjects are beyond me . However what a great way to learn. As Pulse has said in an earlier thread it's nice to give back to the community and not just take

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Thank you gnrfsu and RIDE! I could just thank most everyone for making it the good place that it is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Y'all make a great "unit!" ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
Three cheers for the unit! Hip hip HUZZAH!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Why is everyone always talking about my un.... oh... nevermind.

M

MacHeadCase

Aww you're such sweeties! Thank you all.

KoDor, mac57, Mathogre, Stretch, Sherman, cwa, Browny, DB, eric, xstep, Kash, schweb, nuke, johntalin (where are nuke and Taleen, anyway?) - and I could go on and on here - are awesome too.

No way that only one or two people can help out all 14,000 members here and the hundreds of daily posts!

So a big round of applause to each and everyone of you in M-F!

Reaction score
I'm always interested to hear what guys like Zoolook, Eric, iRye, Moss918, bobtomay, dtownley1, yogi, ambivalent(i know she's a girl), leecho etc. have to say. They may not have the green dots or the post count(apart from eric) but I always get something out of their posts whether it's a laugh or a tip.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
I've received so much help from MHC, Pulse-8, KoDorSean, ToddG, Stretch, and the list could go on and on.

Boils down to this being the best forum on the net (I've said that before but it bears repeating).

Love ya all...;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I would like to thank everybody who has apologized to the unit for making this place fun.

OP
R
Reaction score
I hope this has made some peopel feel apriciated around here more than just little green dots!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I'm trying to think of everyone who makes this a great place, and I'm sure I won't remember to list everyone, but here's a partial list in no particular order:
MHC, eric, ToddG, Aptmunich, iKitten, RIDE, baggss, cwa107, Netty4Mac, iRye, leecho, ambivalent, BenjaminDaines, skye, Pulse-8, KoDorSean, schweb, todd51, johntalin, Carol247, DB... and it just keeps going, and going, and going...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I hope this has made some peopel feel apriciated around here more than just little green dots!

Great thread gnfrsu! The Pulse/MHC thread was very appropriate but it's the community as a whole that makes this place what it is- wether you just turn up now and then or have the time to make this a second home. So, many thanks to you all (I feel obliged to say "as a unit"...) for making this the 1st place I check when surfing. ;D

Reaction score
Great thread gnfrsu! The Pulse/MHC thread was very appropriate but it's the community as a whole that makes this place what it is- wether you just turn up now and then or have the time to make this a second home. So, many thanks to you all (I feel obliged to say "as a unit"...) for making this the 1st place I check when surfing. ;D

Yes I agree I think rep is in line for gnrfsu for starting this thread!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.