Networking

Reaction score
I will explain this the best I can, but this is really confusing.

Alright here we have windows 2003 servers setup on active directory / domain.

Now some servers are on the DMZ and some arent.

The ones that are on the DMZ I can mount a drive to my OS X desktop by simply doing something like smb://computername (smb://tweek) and then when the box pops up and ask for login I would put the following info in

Domain: TAMUT
Login: username
Pass: password

Connects just fine and mounts to my desktop.

NOW, say I wanted to mount a drive to our web server it is on its own domain and own active directory because we can't make it apart of the university active directory otherwise anyone could get to our web server.

So.... i type in smb://servername.tamut.edu (for the security reasons i will put in fake info for servername)

Now.. the login box pops up.. well on a PC when ever you map a network drive the login would be
Login:TAMUT.web\username
Pass: password

However, on OS X I can not figure out what the :Angry: to put it..

I tried the following

Domain: tamut.web
login: username
pass: password

Domain: tamut
login: tamut.web\username

Domain: tamut.web

Domain:

Domain: tamut
login: username

Nothing works... Any ideas or suggestions? I really need to be able to mount that drive to my OS X desktop and yes I am administrator on that server. it works fine when i map a drive pc to pc. Also I can goto the server and mac my OS X... so it has to be something im typing in wrong.

thanks in advance

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.