View data CD on MAC?

Reaction score
Ok I have a simple question! In Windows if you want to view the contents of a data disc you go to start menu then click my computer then select the drive the disc is in and view the contents.

How would I explain this to some one using a MAC computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Find the disc on your desktop and double-click it, or in the finder sidebar simply click it.

Reaction score
In the Mac OS, any inserted disc is automatically mounted on the Desktop and all you need do is double-click on the disc icon to view it's contents.

Reaction score
I guess, I have the same problem.
Yes, the CD is automatically mounted, but in my case it's automatically playing the CD and I'm not able to view the contents.

It is a broadband installer CD which has got installer files for both Mac and Windows. My mac automatically mounts and shows only the Mac relevant files. If I want to copy windows-specific files, I'm not able to do that.

If someone has used windows before, I'm looking for the feature similar to Right click --> Explore CD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.