Mail Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPH: 3.5Ghz i7 | MPS: 2.66Ghz Xeon | iPhone 4S | iPad 2 | MacBook 13"
I was using Gmail for all my email and decided I wanted to use Mail to handle all my emails instead. I loved being able to use Gmail to access all my email and being able to login anywhere with an internet connection, which brings me to my question.

Is there any way to access the email on my Mac Pro from any internet connected computer?

P.S.
I know I shouldn't have moved from Gmail and I wish I wouldn't have, but I downloaded about 90% of my emails and now I don't know how to get them back on Gmail, so if anyone can point me in the right direction for that, I'd rather move back to Gmail, but if not then I'd like to be able to access my Mac Pro email from anywhere with an internet connection.

Reaction score
Hi mikeb2204,

You need to set your email account up as an IMAP account, then you can access your emails from any computer with an internet connection as the emails are stored on your ISPs server, not locally on your Mac - like a POP3 account.

OP
Mike.Bowden
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MPH: 3.5Ghz i7 | MPS: 2.66Ghz Xeon | iPhone 4S | iPad 2 | MacBook 13"
Well I have 5 email address that I keep track of and I don't want to have to login to 5 different accounts. I want them all in one place and be able to access it from one location, including all my old emails also.

Reaction score
mikeb2204 -- There is no practical way to do what you're suggesting with Mail. You'd have to turn your Mac into a server and make it accessible via the internet 24/7. Even then, I don't think Mail is set up to run as a server application.

Reaction score
Well I have 5 email address that I keep track of and I don't want to have to login to 5 different accounts. I want them all in one place and be able to access it from one location, including all my old emails also.

Mozilla Thunderbird Portable Edition

PortableApps Suite™ is a collection of portable apps including a web browser, email client, office suite, calendar/scheduler, instant messaging client, antivirus, sudoku game, backup utility and integrated menu, all preconfigured to work portably. Just drop it on your portable device and you're ready to go.

What is a Portable App?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Or ARD / VNC into your mac at home

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.