Can't Uninstall Windows!

Reaction score
Ok, I just got parallels so I no longer need 32 gb to go to windows, I want it uninstalled, I have bootcamp assistant 1.1.2 and it will start up and I click on restore to single partition 111GB for OSX but it does 2 seconds of loading and is ready to restart. I get back in OSX and the windows partition is still there unharmed! I can delete it in Disk Utility either because its not letting me select it for some reason. Do I have to go back into windows and make it able to be deleted somehow??? somebody has to know the answer to this, I can't think of it. let me know soon PLEASE. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2.4GHz, 2Mb RAM, 256Mb GeForce 8600M GT
Im having the same trouble, made the mistake of installing xp without sp2 so need to do a re-install....ive just spent 4hrs tryin to figure out how to slipstream my xp disc with sp2 and i think ive cracked it....but I cant delete windows partition, I formatted windows on the NTFS system and apparently for file sharin capabilities you should use FAT....gonna try running boot camp to see if I can find a way around it....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2.4GHz, 2Mb RAM, 256Mb GeForce 8600M GT
yes it works.....if you run boot camp you can restore a partition to original state, so now I have a single partition with mac os on it, so I can re-install win xp with sp 2

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.