I Switched and I'm never going back

A

angjc3

hey all, I just switched back in November and now it's been a few months and I can unbiasly say that I will never go back to Windows.
I use almost everything on my Powerbook and I just get a kick out of the fact that it's just plain out BETTER.

just wanted to say hi to everyone! =)
oh..and I'm new to the forum...

eric

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Welcome to Mac and the forums! Much good advise can be found here! :)

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Everyone who says this reminds me of the song "F**k It (I Don't Want You Back) by Eamon.

But yeah, welcome to the Mac world. :D

OP
F

fiz

I made the same decision today, and I just got my first Apple hardware today (12" PB).

Works seamlessly with my linux desktop. I switched from Windows a few months ago, and with the new PB, I can safely say that I don't have any reason to go back (nor do I want to).

Yay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Congratz! I made my pc a Linux only box as well! Welcome to Mac and the forums! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
Welcome! I still use my PC (for games and intensive processing stuff) but I can also safely say that I will never trust my important data to Windows ever again. All of my email, projects, and daily use is entirely on my Powerbook now. I'm so impressed with OS X that I'm getting a G5 soon.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Take everything you read here with a grain of salt and ALWAYS do your own research. But all in all, it's a great place for general advice and good chat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
fiz said:
I made the same decision today, and I just got my first Apple hardware today (12" PB).
Works seamlessly with my linux desktop. I switched from Windows a few months ago, and with the new PB, I can safely say that I don't have any reason to go back (nor do I want to).
Yay.
Without Mac Janitor, this:
After every software update, and about every 2 weeks: close all apps and log totally off. Log on, go in Finder, Applications. Utilities, Disk Utility. After the message -getting disk information- select volume (below the hard drive name -upper left corner). Just highlight it. Now look to the lower two things are there near the middle, verify permissions, repair permissions. Click repair permissions. Also make sure you run cron tasks Finder, Applications. Utilities Terminal type (switching to root - superuser) sudo sh /etc/daily > this needs to be done /weekly (instead of daily) and monthly. again with all apps closed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.