I can't install Adobe Golive (from Creative Suite) HELP!!!

Reaction score
I used to have installed Creative Suite CS2 on my G5. One day I woke up and there wasn't GoLive. :Confused:

I tried to install GoLive again, but the installer did nothing :Angry: . The installer stoped when the progress bar was on CD 4. :'( (the cd where it is goLive)

I don't understand what happend or why it doesn't work. I've been trying to uninstall and then install and it doesn't work. (Everything got installed except golive)

I searched on Adobe site and support site, they suggest to format the Hard drive and install everything again (they never talk about this specific problem, it is a general solucion for installation problems)

I checked the CDs and they seem fine. I also tried with different CDs and the same thing happend.

What can I do? Please help! :'(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Something somewhat similar happened to me. At first, the installer wouldn't run, and I finally got that to wor. Don't ask, because I have no idea how. After that, I decided to open Photoshop. It bounced on the dock once, and then quit. Other programs did weird things too, so I took it to the Genius Bar. The dude noticed that I had ShapeShifter, and other "mods" installed, and uninstalling them solved everything. No more problems. I don't know if that solution applies to you, but if so, you might give it a shot.

OP
A
Reaction score
Something somewhat similar happened to me. At first, the installer wouldn't run, and I finally got that to wor. Don't ask, because I have no idea how. After that, I decided to open Photoshop. It bounced on the dock once, and then quit. Other programs did weird things too, so I took it to the Genius Bar. The dude noticed that I had ShapeShifter, and other "mods" installed, and uninstalling them solved everything. No more problems. I don't know if that solution applies to you, but if so, you might give it a shot.

Hi Jeff

Could you tell me if you had some of this mods?
Cepstral
Deja Vu
DivX
Growl
Little Snitch
Audio Ozone
MySQL
Stufflt

I guess Little Snitch could be the one making trouble. :|

Thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Well, I'm not familiar with most of those, but I did have Growl. I got rid of it, but I thought it was annoying anyway, so I don't miss it.

The only ones that the guy at the Genuis Bar said anyhting about were ShapeShifter, MenuMeters, and DeskTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.