• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

email

C

chickenchoker

Can anyone help me please, ive recently got bt broadband. which i must say is brillient however, since i no longer use an isp i have no email address other than my web based yahoo. Does anyone know any free pop3 smpt email servers? I would be grateful if somebody could point me in the right direction.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
You should be able to get an email account through bt broadband.. usually comes with any type of broadband or pretty much any other isp services...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Murlyn said:
You should be able to get an email account through bt broadband.. usually comes with any type of broadband or pretty much any other isp services...

Wrong! I have BT broadband and I never got anything like that.

chickenchoker: I guess you only get the email and webspace if u take the BT+Yahoo package. I haven't got a clue about the mail server tho, sorry.
ps- wonder whats with ur screen name :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Strider said:
Wrong! I have BT broadband and I never got anything like that.
chickenchoker: I guess you only get the email and webspace if u take the BT+Yahoo package. I haven't got a clue about the mail server tho, sorry.
ps- wonder whats with ur screen name :rolleyes:
Well I think it's bizzare to offer Internet BB and no e-mail address! Have you discussed that with them? About the screen name, maybe he works with KFC :p

Reaction score
Might want to check out spymac.com. 1 gig email, 500meg web & blog space. Free.
Buggy though. They're still working on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.