F1 - F12 Keys

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to make the "F" keys funtion lke a Pc "F" key would. There is a website I use for work that uses only these keys to navigate through it. Its kinda of important if any one could help it would be greatly appeciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
try the TN key ( should be at the far left on the bottom row) + whatever F key. thats how I get them to work with halo..

OP
K
Reaction score
No I've tried that and still nothing. I've turned the shortcuts off to the F keys But the website still does nothing, like no command has been given.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
There is a setting in your keyboard settings in the System Preferences

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Go to System Preferences --> Keyboard & Mouse. Click on the Keyboard tab and check the box that says "Use the F1-F12 keys to control software features"

That should get the function keys to work "normally"

OP
K
Reaction score
No Ive tried that (for instance I need the F3 key to return to a main menu on the website when i check the box the F3 key now prompts a text search box intead of volume) and i've also gone under the unversal access menu as well and tried the checked the box enable access for assisitve devices because i heard that this may work, but still nothing. I need the Function keys to act like PC function keys, this will solve my problem. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
If the recommendation made by Kash doesn't work, I'm not sure there is anything you can do. What kind of website requires a function key input? If it's running under ActiveX, it's not going to work with any OS X browser.

OP
K
Reaction score
Not Active X its juniper and. Its a pretty stupid way to run a website i agree, have you heard of a program Ucontrol It seems like it may be able ot do what I need

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.