How to clean intel imac screen + keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I own a intel imac. And there is dust and stuff getting on the screen. And I'm wondering what is the best way to clean the screen.

And do I have to remove all the keys off the keyboard to get at it properly to clean it. Or is there an easier way?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
For screens, I use the same sort of cloth I use to clean my glasses, BUT NO CLEANING SOLUTION. If I need to clean something off, I dampen a portion of the cloth in clean water, and very little of it.

For keyboards, ditto. Damp cloth, clean water... and a vacuum, yes a vacuum. Rather than take the keys off, vacuum your keyboard with a crevice attachment applied - these are the ones that focus the head of the vacuum down to a narrow slit, good for getting into crevices ... and between rows of keys.

I have done this successfully for many, many years. Good luck!

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Thanks so much for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.