how to clean the inside (like porous texture) of the macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White, 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 1GB RAM, 100GB HD, Mini-DVI to VGA Adapter
hi, i have 8 months with my firsts macbook and I love love love it... and I need to know how to clean the around the keyboard area, I can see its kind of dirty, and It cannot be cleaned with a damp cloth because it is kind of porous...

how can I do it?
some guy in this forums recommended the "spic n' span's cinch"... but can we cleanse the macbook?

thanks in advance

Aldo

OP
sugar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White, 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 1GB RAM, 100GB HD, Mini-DVI to VGA Adapter
did you buy have a support plan?
i didnt..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
OP
sugar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
and how is it happen?
you call apple support and give them your mac's serial number, and then just sent you a macbook palm area replacement?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
and how is it happen?
you call apple support and give them your mac's serial number, and then just sent you a macbook palm area replacement?

No, you call in, you get your support number from them, then you ether send your MacBook in for repair or take it to a authorized repair depot and the depot orders the parts in then installs them.

Reaction score
I believe this part is called the top-case, mine is getting replaced as we speak. I have a crack forming, took it in to authorized dealer and they ordered the part for me.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Believe it or not, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works like a charm on dirt-ridden, textured surfaces. I'm not sure if it will do the trick in your case, but we actually keep them at work to clean some of our notebooks and scuffs on PC cases. It is absolutely amazing how well it works and I've never seen it damage any surface - even walls painted with notoriously easily-damaged, flat latex paint. It might sound silly, but try it.

Reaction score
Believe it or not, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works like a charm on dirt-ridden, textured surfaces. I'm not sure if it will do the trick in your case, but we actually keep them at work to clean some of our notebooks and scuffs on PC cases. It is absolutely amazing how well it works and I've never seen it damage any surface - even walls painted with notoriously easily-damaged, flat latex paint. It might sound silly, but try it.

I totally agree. For references of the magical effects this product has on the rough surfaces (DO NOT use it on the polished surfaces and NEVER on the screen) click here

kuchiki

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Sugar, if your laptop is only 8 months old, I doubt it suffers from the discoloring plastic issue. Those were the ones from the first batch and they switched plastic as soon as they realized what was going on.

Most likely your machine is just dirty. I'd try the Magic Eraser first.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I totally agree. For references of the magical effects this product has on the rough surfaces (DO NOT use it on the polished surfaces and NEVER on the screen) click here

kuchiki

Good point, I have never tried using it on a glossy surface, but I would imagine it could be abrasive to them. But man, it does do wonders on anything with a textured surface.

If you need to clean an LCD screen, the 3M LCD Screen Cleaner kit works great and doesn't leave streaks. It's handy to keep in your notebook bag to take care of the occasional fingerprint.

OP
sugar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
its really hard to keep white the macbook....

Reaction score
Clean

Personaly I use KFC wet wipes, always seem to have a bunch in the draw and my 5yr old MacBook looks like new. Works on all surfaces and screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.