photo slideshow for a wedding

Tee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Black
Hi I'm sorry if this topic has been covered before and I missed it. I'm creating a photo slideshow for my brother's wedding and I'm not sure the best way to go about it. Iphoto? Imovie? I know there's a slideshow option in iphoto, I've been playing around with this so far. My concern is that I want to have different songs play at different parts of the slideshow. Can I do that in iphoto? Also is it pretty easy to tranfer the slideshow onto dvd? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
I have not done this in a few months, however I think it went like this:

Import the images into iPhoto and create slideshows. Like a slideshow for preparing for the wedding, one for the ceremony, one for formals, and one for the reception.

Then open iDVD and import each slideshow, this will give you 4 "Chapters" or titles. Each chapter/title can be assigned a song...but just one song either repeating or once.

If you do it in iMovie then you can change music at any point along the video by changing the audio line, however I never really figured out the slideshow portion in iMovie and changing songs during a single slideshow would be nice so look forward to any iMovie experts input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.