Final Vista Drivers for Mac Book Pro

Reaction score
Does anyone know when there will be GOOD drivers for the Mac Book Pros for Vista. Ones that don't melt the motherboard, and ones that use the illuminated keyboard, wifi, etc.??? I really want to run Vista on my Mac and still utilize all the neat features and also not start it on fire.

If anyone has any information, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

est.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Start a fire? What sort of drivers have you been using? ;)

Boot Camp is still in beta, so we will continue to see updates from now till the final release, which is officially slated to coincide with the release of Leopard. So expect improvements to the driver set as time goes on.

OP

Reaction score
Well everyone knows Vista runs really hot with the current drivers, I don't mean LITERALLY start a fire. :) Looking forward to having some solid drivers.

est.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
You might find the running hot is a symptom of Vista, not Apples drivers. Windows is a resource-hog and uses a lot more processor time - even when it's idle - than OSX does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33GHz, 3GB RAM, 250GB HDD, OS X Leopard
True but you dont experience the same problem when using a PC. My MacBook usually gets very noisy (fan) when I start Vista, but thats just for the first 10-15 minutes then things get back to normal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.