GarageBand...on the blink!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2Ghz Intel Core Duo, 60 Gig Hard drive
Right Ok , I can admit it, I dont use GarageBand coz I dont know how to.So one day last week , I thought it was high time I played around with the program, and see what happend's.Now I had not used the progam since I was on 10.4.8, and now I am on 10.4.9.So i open up GarageBand, and what do I see but just about half my music loop's, are un-usable. When I go to "Reset" nothing happen's.The button's are not working????? I cant use , Reset,bass,guitars,Strings,All drums,Kits,beats,Percussion,Shaker, Piano, Elec Piano and Brass!!!!!!And when I go to the once that do work, all most all the loop's and sounds clips are gone.And as I switch from say,Coutry it will not allow me to use world music ect

What is going on, can any one help?

Macboy

Reaction score
You may need to reindex your loops. Locate the folder that holds "Apple Loops." Open Garageband then drag that folder onto the Loop Browser. You should get a popup asking you whether to reindex etc.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok will try that and see if it works.Thanks alot for the help.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That did not work,coz the only loop files I could fined, where the once I already have.This loops: Reset,bass,guitars,Strings,All drums,Kits,beats,Percussion,Shaker, Piano, Elec Piano and Brass not even seem to be on my computer.Should I just wait for Mac's new 10.5 stsyem to come out, maybe that will work.

Reaction score
Did you install iLife from a disc or was it preinstalled on your mac? 10.5 has nothing to do with getting it to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.