Mouse configuration woes

Reaction score
Here's the deal, I'm in kind of a lose-lose situation.

I bought the Logitech MX400 because I heard the software works well with Mac. Sure enough, it allows me to bind the thumb buttons to cmd-left cmd-right so back/forward works in Firefox. However, unlike the default OS X mouse settings, I can't bind special combos (e.g. cmd+thumb button 1). So it seems my options are:

Use the Logitech software, and get back/forward in Firefox, but forget about binding mouse buttons to Expose/Dashboard.

OR

Use the built in OS X mouse control, forget about back/forward in Firefox, but bind all sorts of combinations (cmd+middle click, cmd+thumb button 1, alt+middle click) to Expose/Dashboard/etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Seems like you need to figure out which is more convenient, or which you'll use more. If you are on the web all the time, then go with that one. If the web features are just nice, then set it the other way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
You may wish to consider the Logitech S530 wireless keyboard / mouse combo. I have it and you can program pretty much anything you want onto each of the mouse buttons, AND onto all of the special keyboard keys too. A very nice package. I do recognize that you have already made a purchase decision though, and may not wish to go buy something ELSE just to solve this problem!

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, but.. I really can't use non-ergo keyboards anymore. I'll figure something out. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.