• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Connecting to a Win2K3 fileserver

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johss

dafajar said:
Hi every one, I'm running Mac Os 10,4.2 on an ibook g4, i'm trying to connect my ibook to a windows network, right now i can log on on all the windows clients that are sharing their hard disks. When i trying to connect to the server (to see all the volumes i had on it), after i log on, all that i can see on the volumes space is a "Microsoft UAM Volume", i can not acces either see the volumes....if anyone has solve this issue please help thank you. every help will be very important.

David

I was having the problems with resolving .local names on the only mac on our network. Did some heavy research and found this script to run http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107800
after running it all the problems went away, print sharing, filesharing, exchange... all started to work great. Just my 2cents

Josh

O

okgsds

well, I can connect just fine.. but copying files is SUPER slow.. I mean 30 minutes OS X vs. 6 minutes when copying on XP Pro side of MBP. I copied same file to my XP Pro machine.. and it copied to OS X just fine.. Real Problem here.. guess I could go back to my roots and install Linux =-)

G

GryphonsClaw

Need help with this.

I have the same error as bart. Only thing I can add is the Mac OSX 10.3 can connect to some of our server shares, 2K and 2K3. I set the mac user as an Admin on the server, I can't get to work (Windows 2K) and it let's me connect. I'm not going to make the MAC user an Admin so what am I missing. I made domain users have full rights to the folders in NTFS.

bartolomoio said:
Hello everyone... I'm new here so I hope I sit in the right thread.

Our company just bought one of his first mac's. A Powerbook G4 OS X 10.3.6. Great machine.... But I have a little troubles connecting to our Win 2003 Server.
I managed it to bind it to the active directory. So for so good, when i go to network in the finder i see all my servers and PC's in the local domain but cannot connect to it.
When I try to connect it says: "The alias 'servername' could not be opened, because the original item cannot be found"
When i try it trough "connect to server" it says "could not connect to the server because name or password is not correct"

I've tried to install MS UAM but still the same result. I tried to set "Digitaly sign communications (always) to disabled" Nothing worked....

Somebody got a good answer for this? O, almost forgot: we don't use an .local domain.

Thank you guys very much for the stil to come help....

Bart

A

arunbpt7

Cant able to acces windows 2003 domain from mac

Dear all..

anybody can help me...

i am nt able to connect my mac machine to windows 2003 domain...
any one can give me any solution
arun

Reaction score
heres how i did it:

on the windows 2003 machine =
control panel > admin tools > local security policy > set ACCOUNTS: LIMIT LOCAL ACCOUNT.......DISABLE

then you should be able to get onto the folder assuming the folder has been set to shared w/ the correct account w/o pw.

J

jarmach

Problems with DHCP server on MS Windows Server 2003

Hi.
I've got serious problem. I've tried to make reservation in DHCP server on IP address by my MAC address. The problem is, that the operation has probably failed and now my MAC address is blocked in DHCP server. There is nothing about my PC and reservation on DHCP lists. When I try to make new reservation an information appears “The address in unavailable”.
Please help because I can’t use DHCP on my PC

L

lnguyen

Connect MAC O/S X to Windows 2003 Domain

Hi there,

Can you email me the instruction how how to connect my MAC O/S x to the windows 2003 server as you posted please? I had a home directory on the domain server and I can connect through Windows XP fine. I installed the MAC protocol on the server but still doesn't work. I am new with MAC so if you can help me on this, I really appreciate it. Thanks.

LisaN

I have connected my Apple Mac G4 Powerbook to Windows Server 2003, It is not connected through samba, you dont need to reduce your password to 6 alpha or numerics.

Anyone wanting to connect to Server 2003 contact me, its too complicated to write on here, it conects just like you would on a PC, i can access all my users files as a administrator and copy them to my Mac, you dont connect via smb or the with the usual box, when I connect i get a Box with the microsoft logo and enter my usual name and password and bingo I am in.

I will help anyone with theis problem as I found Apple support totally un helpful in this area as I also did microsoft.

It really dose work!!!!! i have also synced Microsoft Entourage to my server as well no probs

You need to download from the Microsoft website UAM Enabiler and install it on your Mac

Rudi Dobson

:)

L

lnguyen

Hi Rudy,

I had the same problem on my end: connecting MAC O/S x to Windows 2003 domain. Can you help me with this? Please email me at [email protected]. Thanks.

LisaN

A

arod235

Wrong domain

Ok here is my problem. I can see the network like everyone else. and I can't access the windows 2k3 server like everyone else. but when i get onto my server i am able to access the ibook from the workgroup domain. how do i change the domain that the ibook is on?

Reaction score
Rudi,
I hvae a new Mac Book with SBS 2003 server in the corner of the room and can not map drives or folgers like I would with microsoft. I would appreciate some answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.