problem with airport extreme basestation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15” Macbook Pro, Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB, 160GB HD
So i have it all wired and installed and it works being wired to it but not wirelessly it is flashing amber light

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
I am sure you have tried this, but if not give it a try. The following is a copy of page 26 in the manual.

Your AirPort Extreme Status Light Flashes Amber

The Ethernet cable may not be connected properly, AirPort Extreme may be out of range of an AirPort network, or there may be a problem with your Internet service provider. If you are connected to the Internet with a DSL or cable modem, the modem may have lost its connection to the network or the Internet. Even if the modem seems to be working properly, try disconnecting the modem from its power supply, waiting a few seconds, and then reconnecting it. Make sure AirPort Extreme is connected directly
to the modem via Ethernet before reconnecting power to the modem.
For more information about the reason the light flashes, open AirPort Utility, select your base station, and then choose Manual Setup from the Base Station menu. The information about the flashing light is displayed on the Summary pane.

Good luck :)

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
tried it when i go into the airport utility the light next to the router is green but on the actual module it is blinking amber

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
what is the information that it gives you about your flashing light?

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What do you mean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I maybe wrong but you it doesnt seem you followed the info completely.

You were correct in opening your AirPort Utility (this will display the image your were mentioning) then select your base station, or press continue and then choose Manual Setup from the Base Station menu. The information about the flashing light is displayed on the Summary pane.

Hope I explained it a bit better.

OP
hotskate
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It says the error is a double NAT?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Double NAT? Sounds like your MODEM has a router built in. You can not have 2 routers acting as routers. You will have 2 NAT's running. NAT is Network Address Translation. What Modem do you have? Is this DSL?

A lot of DSL Modems with Routers let you put them in Bridge Mode and let your Apple router handle the router functions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.