Itunes loading itself?

Reaction score
Last night, my MBP started launching iTunes on its own. I'm sitting there minding my own business, and suddenly it launches. I quit it, and it launches again within a few minutes. ***?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Last night, my MBP started launching iTunes on its own. I'm sitting there minding my own business, and suddenly it launches. I quit it, and it launches again within a few minutes. ***?

Were you opening MP3 or other music files? Did you insert any audio CDs? Plug in an iPod?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
That happened to me once. I restarted and then everything was fine. I really don't know what causes it though. ;)

Reaction score

Have you left the iTunes widget active on Dashboard? That's what's most likely to be causing your problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
were u downloading music? "through a legal means" as this could cause it to open

OP
L
Reaction score
No reason for it to open due to loading audio files. I hadn't restarted my machine in probably almost a month though, but I restarted it after I posted this thread so we'll see.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.