Saved passwords question

Reaction score
I am running 10.4.9 and have noticed in Safari I can pull up and see the login info for various sites but am unable to show passwords. It states it is for "username and passwords" but passwords do not come up. How do I get those to show for me? Reason I ask is because I am switching over to Firefox and I have a lot of those that need to come over. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. However, if you want Firefox to save your passwords and such:

FIrefox
Preferences
Security ---> then check off the save passwords box

Let me know if this is what you mean.

Scott

Reaction score
MHC they can be stored there... however in Firefox it has it's own cache (I believe anyway). I don't know about you but I'm not keen on a browser doing that for me. I do use 1password though; it's a great utility and it's encrypted as well.

Reaction score
MHC, DOOOH! LOL I didn't read your entire post... lol, I just saw you mentioned 1passwrd as well. Sorry! But, I'll vouche for the program again though! :)

OP
PapaNoHair
Reaction score
I might be so totally wrong here but aren't passwords stored in Keychain? Except I dunno how you can retrieve them! DOH!!!

Maybe this could help: Import Existing Data From Safari, Camino, Firefox, RoboForm, and Web Confidential - 1Passwd.

Except it isn't free... :^(

Thanks MHC! I was looking in Safari itself - forgot about Keychain. They are all located there. I am switching over to Firefox and I want to retrieve some
of my passwords that I have forgotten but I was trying in Safari.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.