adding a dedicated hd

Reaction score
Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to add an additional dedicated HD to my iMac g5. I'm no mac genius but I'm assuming you would need a SATA drive. I'm just wondering if there is room in this iMac for additional drives or if you can only replace the old one. I'm hoping the latter is not the case anyhow.

I'm an audio student and it would be ideal to have a ded. drive just for my audio work so I don't fragment the heck out of my original system drive.

any help would be appreciated. thx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
The iMac has room for two drives, DVD Drive and a Hard Disk Drive. I think you can replace the DVD Drive with a Hard Disk Drive but that's probably not what you are looking for.

Why not just get an external instead? or Would Replacing the Original Drive be any better?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1.8GHz C2D iSight 1GB RAM 160GB HDD
Yeah External is good.

OP
B
Reaction score
well internal would be faster but external firewire would be fine too I suppose. thx for the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.