what is the point ?

Reaction score
hi all,
I have just got a macBook but a bit confused about this :
Why apple don't support for two buttons mouses. They are really useful and ease the work much !!! .... also some button on the keyboard are missing here like "delete" delete the character on the cursor.
They really do ease the work .... but i don't know about you old users
Let me here your comments :!!!!
:dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Apple has had support for two-button mice for almost 10 years now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Apple DOES have support for two button mice. If you have one lying around, plug it in, it should work off the bat.

With your Macbook, you can "right-click" either by pressing ctrl and then clicking, or by changing the setting so that a two-finger tap "right-clicks".

Finally, delete forward is accomplished by pressing fn+delete

Hope this helps with some of your issues with the Mac :black:

Reaction score
Mba7eth -- While the other posters are correct that support for a 2- (or more) button mouse and right-click capability have been part of the Mac for years, I am going to stand up and agree with you. The lack of a secondary mouse button on my MBP is a constant (if minor) source of annoyance, especially when working in Boot Camp where the two-finger tap doesn't simulate a right click.

Put aside the pride, Apple. If you want to advertise that your OS and computers are Windows-compatible now, you NEED two mouse buttons.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
As the others have said, right click does work on a Mac. I use this mouse with my MacBook and it does everything it would do on a PC.

I don't understand why we have to do the two fingers on the track pad click to equal a right click though.

OP
M
Reaction score
okey can i activate this two sideclick on the touchpad? or it is not smart enough ???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Yes you can, follow these steps:

1. Go to your System Prefs.

2. Click the Keyboard & Mouse button in the Hardware section.

3. When the Keyboard & Mouse prefs pop up click on the Trackpad tab.

4. The very last option under Trackpad gestures needs to be checked on to work. It says, "Place two fingers on trackpad and click button for secondary click." Once you check the box, your right click will be enabled.

Hope that helps!

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes you can, follow these steps:

1. Go to your System Prefs.

2. Click the Keyboard & Mouse button in the Hardware section.

3. When the Keyboard & Mouse prefs pop up click on the Trackpad tab.

4. The very last option under Trackpad gestures needs to be checked on to work. It says, "Place two fingers on trackpad and click button for secondary click." Once you check the box, your right click will be enabled.

Hope that helps!
I used to use only two fingers with the touchpad.... now i have to use three :dive: but it is good anyway ... atleast do the job
one thing :
When i browse in folder using the keyboard arrows and i want to open the selected file, i just want to click enter the finished ... When i do this on my mac i tell me to rename the file ...!!!??

Reaction score
Isn't the simple two click mouse so much more productive?

Instead of reaching for the ctrl button or using two figers on the track pad

I must agree after 2 weeks i am getting used to the second method, but i still prefer traditional two mouse buttons.

This is one of the main issues that make my mates put off by my macbook, they cant come to terms with it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Well, I have to disagree with some of the previous posters. I am a recent switcher (less than 2 weeks). I had the same concerns about the right click and all that, but, thanks to these forums, I was able to know b4 I get my macbook about the 2 finger right click or the ctrl click options. WHich are awesome and efficent. I also have the option of using my external wireless mouse and I can use the right button on it. I still like the change with my MacBook. and I think it just looks cleaner with one button.

Anyways, thats my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
Isn't the simple two click mouse so much more productive?

Instead of reaching for the ctrl button or using two figers on the track pad

I must agree after 2 weeks i am getting used to the second method, but i still prefer traditional two mouse buttons.

This is one of the main issues that make my mates put off by my macbook, they cant come to terms with it

You can also set your trackpad to do a right click when you TAP it with 2 fingers. I have my MBP set to that, and in my opinion, it is actually more efficient than using a right mouse button.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
As a Windows user for many years I can agree that the two-button mouse (mine has 6 or more) is very useful. As a tech-support guy for my family and my wife's family, I can tell you that a one button mouse would be much easier for some people to comprehend.

The left mouse button does what you expect, in general. Click and drag or select or highlight. The right mouse button is context sensitive, and some people really don't understand that. It means they have to not only click on the item they are looking at, but understand what they are looking at. Right-click on a short-cut vs a file vs you harddrive vs a word in MS Word.

It would be a lot easier to just tell them to 'click' and then go from there. Plus Apple has had the ubiquitous one-mouse button forever so it's what you expect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.