• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

1 Airplane 2 Laptops... Whaaa?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Good Afternoon to all the fine people of the Mac-Forums.

I have this problem that I need some help with. I am flying out to Milwaukee, WI next monday for Job Related training, and I'll be stuck there for 3 weeks.

The issue is that I have to take the Work Laptop (Windows... Go Figure! :biohazard )

Anyways, I wanna take my MacBook as well so I can do some personal work and be able to keep intouch with the family back in NC. Now I stopped by the FedEx Store to see what my options were to ship out the work laptop out there while I carry my shiney new Mac on board. Well they kinda scared of the idea.

The question is will it be too much of a pain to take both laptops with me on the Plane or it would be a disaster when it comes to Airport Security Issues and all the good stuff.

If anyone knows anything about the possiblities I'd greatly appreciate it. My Computer Bag will have enuff space to carr both Laptops with no protection issue.

So let me hear your thoughts please. I'd hate to leave my MacBook behind :eek: I'd go crazy out there for 3 weeks. Plus they don't really allow personal apps on the work laptop... Go Figure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
I would say that you should decide which one you do not need while in flight and check that one with the rest of your baggage (preferably inside of your baggage) at the check-in desk.

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I will probably not need to power either of them on while am flying, with the seats all cramped up it just too much of a pain. but I'd probably check in the work laptop on the plane.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I travel with 2 laptops all the time. Not a big deal, just take them both out of your carry on bag for security to screen and then put them away. Overhead storage space is usually sufficient, but on the puddle jumpers I just gate check my computer bag and pick it up when I get off that plane. I STRONGLY advise against checking a computer that you ever want to see again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
After seeing how airport staff threw my luggage around on one particular journey - thus creating a massive crack in a brand new case - I'd never check in a bag with a Laptop in! Heck, I even have my hair straighteners in my carry-on luggage because I'd be devastated if they broke. Pathetic? Yes ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I'm with you, flic. Some hair straightening irons are terribly expensive!

MinaMacMan, take both and be happy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
Ahhh, thanks iKitten. Can always rely on you to assure me I'm not insane!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Or at least let you know you're not alone in your insanity??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33Ghz Core2Duo, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HardDisk, X1600 256Mb & I LOVE Every Inch of her
hand carry ur Mac,

as for the other OS, check it in, plus it's a work laptop, damages are not paid for by your right... hee hee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
Or at least let you know you're not alone in your insanity??

Sounds more like it to me my sweet! Insanity loves company... or something like that :flower:

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Man... Did I say before that I love this Forum :D

Thanks a lot for everyone's inputs, and iKitten thanks for considering my Happiness, which would have been destroyed and devasted if I don't have my MacBook.

So that it I will take both Laptops with me on the plane, if they give me any trouble in the airport I will just direct them to this post :p JUST KIDDING

You Peeps Are awesome thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
You're pretty cool yourself MinaMacMan! I love your posts, since you got your MacBook I can just sense your happiness through your posts.

Keep it up! Need more happy people in this world ;)

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just wanted to update everyone :D

I went through the Airport Check point with no proplems they didn't even ask me to turn on either computers, how cool is that?

Needless to say I am pretty happy about it and thanks to everyone who posted here that encouraged me to go for it and take my Beloved MacBook with me.

Cheers to all of you :D :D

Mina

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.