Mac Gamers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
So as I'm a big gamer, I have some questions for all of you who are of the gaming persuasion. What are your fav games for the Mac platform? Basically I know that my library of games are only going to work once I get Boot Camp going, but I'd like to dig into some new games anyways so I figure this all works out.

Being a MMORPG junkie, I'll probably be getting WoW again, but for OS X. I go to pick my system up on friday, and I figure I'll want to grab a game or two while I'm in the Apple store. I know we all prefer different genres, but if anyone can point me at a few games I may have overlooked and are for Mac, I'd appreciate it. =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Just to point out that the same Disc's containing the Mac Installation contain the PC one, so if you still have the PC Copy then just use that for Mac.

As for playing Games on a Mac, I have Sims 2 does that count?

I was interested in picking up some games that I could have for an alternative for my Xbox 360.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
A week ago i realized that i'm no longer a gamer... it was a sad day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
I just started STALKER in XP through BootCamp, but i'm looking forward to getting Homeworld 2 for Mac. Already got Finding Nemo for my daughter, and some ABC / 123 games for her.
oh! and getting HALO soon!

OP
Thyamine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Just to point out that the same Disc's containing the Mac Installation contain the PC one, so if you still have the PC Copy then just use that for Mac.

As for playing Games on a Mac, I have Sims 2 does that count?

I was interested in picking up some games that I could have for an alternative for my Xbox 360.

Hmmm I didn't know that. I'll have to take a look at that.

Reaction score
A week ago i realized that i'm no longer a gamer... it was a sad day.
I'm no longer a PC gamer aalso. Those days are gone. I'm more into consoles again which is much simpler for me. Pop in the disc and play. No worries about drivers, video cards, need more ram ect. If I will play a PC it will be a FPS or a RTS, I can't invest the time into MMO's like I use to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
I though i would get back into gaming after installing windows onto my Mac. But the actual fact of having to boot up into Windows strays me away from playing any PC games.

Right now im really into playing Halo for Mac, though. If you get it, PM me, and well probably play a few matches online.

Not Necessarily true, very few game publishing companies produce cross platform games, One of these which is Blizzard. When it comes to other games, a 3rd party company steps in and "ports" the game for Mac, Leaving you, in most cases, with a Mac-only CD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sorry after reading that again that wasn't very clear, I was specifically talking about WoW.

Sorry for the Confusion! :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Warcraft III, Halo, HomeWorld 2.

I mostly game on consoles (Xbox 360/Xbox/PS2, etc)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
mostly a console gamer here too. Although i got ScummVM downloaded onto my macbook and have been playing the classic Lucasart point and click adventures like Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and The Secret of Monkey Island lately. Good times.

Reaction score
I'm no longer a PC gamer aalso. Those days are gone. I'm more into consoles again which is much simpler for me. Pop in the disc and play. No worries about drivers, video cards, need more ram ect. If I will play a PC it will be a FPS or a RTS, I can't invest the time into MMO's like I use to.

Getting married and having two kids in the space of five years has sucked the inner geek into a void prison inside me, and replaced it with responsibility. Uck.

Havent been able to comit to a mmo since I met my wife, consoles take second place to the tweenies and wonder pets, and if I play a game on the PC in the evening, I get accused of non interaction with my family and end up sleeping on the sofa.

However, there are very rare occasions when I get to sneak time in for a game or two, (normally taking a holiday off work when the kids are in nursery, and my wife at work).

With that in mind, and for anyone who has been bothered to read all the way down here, does anyone know of any good roleplaying games for the mac, in the baldurs gate theme?

Cheers guys and gals....

OP
Thyamine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
I'm in a similar boat with some of you. Marriage, pets, job... all take up time and leaves little for gaming, although since that's how I relax my wife isn't really against it (too much ;-). Part of the benefit of having a MBP will be that I can play anywhere in the house and not just 'hide' in my office to play.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33Ghz Core2Duo, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HardDisk, X1600 256Mb & I LOVE Every Inch of her
WoW runs on intel based macs right...

OP
Thyamine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
WoW runs on intel based macs right...

Indeed it does. BIG D 04 says that the Mac install is available on the same discs as the Windows version. I haven't bought my Mac yet so I haven't checked my discs personally.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
All Blizzard games are hyrbid disks, they will install the game on both PCs and Macs.

OP
Thyamine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
Most excellent. I'm looking forward to loading up some Warcraft III then too. =) Thanks for the info.

Reaction score
Havent been able to comit to a mmo since I met my wife, consoles take second place to the tweenies and wonder pets, and if I play a game on the PC in the evening, I get accused of non interaction with my family and end up sleeping on the sofa.
OMG.... lol... Dude you pretty much summed up my life in gaming with the exception of sleeping on the sofa. She doesn't believe in that. I haven't played WoW in over 3 months and I let my subscription expire. I mainly play my Xbox 360, Wii, PS2 and mind you she have no issues if I play them.

All Blizzard games are hyrbid disks, they will install the game on both PCs and Macs.
Good to know this. I still have all my Warcraft 3 discs and I can use them on my future Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you plan on installing WoW get ready for about 15 Days worth of Updates...lol

My Tip, Stick it in the Drive start the Installation, then Go On Holiday and when you come back it will be done.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67ghz powerbook G4, 1GB RAM, 100GB HD.
I quite like C&C Generals + Zero hour, Batlefield 1942 on mac :D

Cant wait for the latest C&C to be ported over, if were lucky it will br cross platform compatible for multiplayer :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.