Spotlight problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.5GHz
I have just repaired permissions & done a general tidy up using Onxy, however now when I use spotlight, it fails to find address book entries.

How can I get spotlight to look at the address book?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
I'm not familiar with Onyx but with Mainmenu you can rebuild the Spotlight library, I'd imagine this can be done in Onyx too. Worth a try...

Reaction score
Spotlight can be forced to update its index or delete a corrupted index through the system preferences.

In the preferences, click on Spotlight, then on Privacy, where the user can list any files, folders or drives that are not to be indexed.

Click on the plus button at the bottom and navigate to the entire hard drive, or simply drag the drive's icon into the list. This deletes Spotlight's index of the entire drive to ensure the user's privacy.

Now click on the drive icon in the list, then the minus button at the bottom to remove the drive from the list. Spotlight must then build an entire new index of the drive from scratch.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.