mini in car

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and i am planning on installing a mac mini in my car, and i was wondering if you guys know any web sites or articles that help with the installation. Or if anyone has alreay done it and would like to share some information. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I am new to the forum and i am planning on installing a mac mini in my car, and i was wondering if you guys know any web sites or articles that help with the installation. Or if anyone has alreay done it and would like to share some information. thanks
GIYF. Google Is Your Friend.

Good luck to you!!!!

You say nothing of what you want to do with it, into what kind of car you're installing it, what you'll use for a display, or anything like that. I recall seeing stories on people installing computers in their cars.

<WARNING>You might go over to Slashdot (/.) and search there. I'll warn you that Slashdot is raw, rude, and raucous. While sometimes NSFW (Not Safe For Work), tech shops overlook even the worst of it. I recommend it only because if anyone has done it with a mini, they probably have something on it over there.</WARNING>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2ghz Dual Core DVD+RW 512MB RAM, iMac G3 - 400 Mhz, 256MB RAM
That is a cool idea!

You would need to use a 12V to 120V Converter,

Thing is... if its only a small car, I would run it off a seperate battery as it would take alot of current of a small battery!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Cool Article on the subject here: (CLICK!)

Picture from the Article:
2006_Infiniti_M45_Front_Row_1410.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro...2.4GHZ intel, 2GB Ram
I have thought about doing something similar in my MKIV Jetta.....I may just tackle it this winter after the transmission swap..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
My friend did it in his Explorer. It was really cool, but the only problem was that the resolution that he got out of his screen was pretty poor. Video worked well, but when trying to navigate through iTunes to find a song or trying to read text, there was great difficulty. He had a high-res Alpine screen too. Maybe by now there are better ones out that will yield a better result...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.