Installation issue's

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Hope you can help, ive just made the change from PC to Mac, why it took so long god only knows, but i have a issue, when ive downloaded MSN messenger and click on the .exe file to install, the following pops up "Internet connection is importing a configuration. Please select where to place this configuration" then in the drop down menu these Bluetooth, VPN (L2TP) and 802.1x

What is this and how do i get the app installed?

Thanks for the help/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
For starters, you can't install Windows programs on a Mac, at least not natively. So you won't be able to just download a .exe file and run it. You have to go and download the Mac specific version, which usually comes in a .dmg format.

I suggest you get rid of the .exe file you downloaded before you inadvertently mess something up

Also, if you're just getting MSN to chat, then may I suggest checking out Adium. It's a MUCH better client than MSN for Mac, not to mention the fact that you can use it for AIM, Yahoo, and pretty much every other IM service

OP
L
Reaction score
Ok ive installed the Microsft Office though, which i bought from Apple its the Mac version, But Thanks for the help though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
MSN messenger? Hmmm..

Have you tried Adium yet?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.