Direcet cable connection of a Mac and Win mach?

Reaction score
Hi.. can you some one direct me to where I can find step by step in how to connect A Win mach. and a Mac mach... using the direct cable connecion...? I've done it Win to Win... but can't find the answe in how to do the settings for Mac to Win..

TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Take a look at this thread for connecting a Mac to a PC via Ethernet. Check out my post (#15) for step-by-step instructions :black:

OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.. I'll try that.. would you happ. to know if a cross over cable would be needed ? or would a regular ethernet cable work.

Thanks again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It has been said a crossover cable is needed, but I just used a regular ethernet cable lying around and things went just find. I found out later that the reason it worked was because the Mac was smart enough to change the settings accordingly. Little things like that just make me love the Mac more :black:

OP
O
Reaction score
Completly understand what you'r sayin.... I'll give it try...

Thanks again for the reply..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.