Cant see what is typed in html form

C

Chris322

Hi,

i work for a company that develops websites and webapplications. We have had several calls from customers with the following problem :

when they have to enter text in a form on a page, they can't see what they type. In other words, the text they type is invisible. When they press submit, the text is entered into the database, so its just a problem of text color or something i guess. But the weird thing is, as far as we know, it only happens on MacOS 9.x. We don't have any macs, only win32 and linux machines. A friend of mine tested it on his OS X, and it worked fine there too.
The clients that have problems seem to be using os 9.2, internet explorer (latest version) or netscape (4.7), and it doesnt work on both browsers.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem can be ?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Are you doing anything special with the text fields?

OP
C

Chris322

Murlyn said:
Are you doing anything special with the text fields?

I dont think so :
<INPUT TYPE="TEXT" NAME="celltext" VALUE="" SIZE="50">

I attached the html code in a txt file. The problem is i cant test it myself, as i dont have access to a mac with os 9.x.

View attachment agenda.txt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Remove your INPUT css and check with those customers and see if that solved it.. their browsers might have incompatibilites with css

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.