Installin MAC OS to a MacBook Pro

Reaction score
I need help in installing MAC OS to a MacBook Pro. Currently its running Windows XP Professional. Is there a procedure and what files/cd will I need for this. Havent done this before. Hope someone helps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You have a Macbook Pro that is ONLY running Windows XP? And you want to run only OS X?

If that is the case, then you will need the restore discs that came with the computer. Then all you have to do is boot from the discs, partition the hard drive using Disk Utility, and then let the setup run its course. Within the hour you should have a freshly installed copy of OS X.

OP
U
Reaction score
Exactly. Got 2 installation disks here. How to boot from the CD. Any particular key to be pressed ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Pop the disc in, restart the computer, and hold C as it loads. Should go straight to OS X setup

OP
U
Reaction score
Thanks. It works and I also manage to install MS Office 2004 for Mac. I have setup Entourage to use IMAP and manage to get it through. Got some pst files from MS Outlook 2003 and want to set it up as well. How do I go about doing that. any help will be very uch appreciated

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.