Question/Help: Using the MacBook's monitor as a screen?

Reaction score
I have a Mac Book intel and love the monitor and would like to use it as a monitor for my xbox 360 so my question is if i use the Mini-DVI to VGA cable along with a Xbox 360 VGA HD/AV Cable , will my mac book be my 360's screen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2ghz C2D, 2gig Ram, 120gig HD / 60gig Black Ipod Video / 2nd Gen Ipod Shuffle
i'm pretty sure you can't use the macbook display as an external monitor. The mini-DVI is for output not input. I could be wrong but i've never heard of being able to use a laptop monitor for an external screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
OSURico112 is right. The Macbook screens cannot be used as stand alone monitors. Those adapters are only for output, not input.

However, it may be possible to use a USB tuner type device that offers composite/component inputs. Keep in mind that this isn't exactly an ideal way to play a console as there is a noticeable delay between the time you hit a button and the moment it registers on screen. It can be really annoying to play a video game this way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
but using a tuner creates lag. I wouldnt recommend for playing fast action games. Puzzlers would be ok.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.