Microsoft word...

Reaction score
Im in school, and recently learned I have alot of research papers coming up that I have to type in MLA, and are required to turn them in online. Im really needing an application that will allow me to type the papers in the correct format, and stay correct when opened on a PC in microsoft word. I used the trial version of Word when I first got my Mac, but have since used up the first 30 days. As of now the cost of the actual program is alittle to much for me to spend, so is their any good programs out there that I can use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
Let's see.. don't you have a trial of iWork '06? Try Notes.

If it's expired, then you've to install NeoOffice. I know you can customize it to install the word processor only.

And, someone recommended Mellel to me. Search it off Google. I've never tried it though, and I don't know if it has Word compatibility. Sorry! (BTW, Mellel's just a trial and it's just a word processor)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Try AbiWord.

http://www.abisource.com/

It's a PPC only app though, and because of that, it looks kinda quirky.

I'd recommend NeoOffice. It's fast, and it's only about a 100 meg download.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.