Need advice on installing some applications

Reaction score
Please help me with some advise!

I have a macbook pro: Pretty standard just upgraded the memory when I bought it a year ago.

Machine Model: MacBookPro1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBP11.0055.B08
SMC Version: 1.2f10

I'm an industrial design student and I need to use some PC programs. I don't have a choice! I’m doing a class based in autocad. I love my mac and don’t want to ruin it by running windows. How do I best run PC programs on my mac.
Will running windows void for extended mac warranty.

Secondly, I'm now using more time and memory consuming software such as maya and 3d max and want to minimise the time spent rendering, how do I beef up my memory easily and relatively cheaply.

If you can’t already tell I know how to use my mac but don’t know much about hardware or specs so please speak English not comp talk.

Any help is appreciated!

OP
K
Reaction score
I've been told that a virtual environment wouldn't be good enough for the software i want to run, so to go for bootcamp.
But I was trying to avoid having to install windows xp coz I dont have a copy

M

MacHeadCase

Hey, karah! Welcome to Mac-Forums!

GVSAF tells it like it is.

I would add that another cool place for Mac stuff like RAM, hard drives, etc. is Other World Computing (OWC). Very reliable, good folks.

Edited to add:

Oops! You posted while I was doing the same thing! LOL

Check out Architosh, all about CAD and 3D software news.

OP
K
Reaction score
can I upgrade the ram myself,
how do I upgrade the hard drive, I need more space

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.