Changes for Leopard

Reaction score
Hi, I'm planning on replacing my current laptop with a new Mac Book Pro, are there going to be any changes to the laptop itself that would make it worth waiting until October to buy one instead of just getting one now and upgrading to leopard?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi, I'm planning on replacing my current laptop with a new Mac Book Pro, are there going to be any changes to the laptop itself that would make it worth waiting until October to buy one instead of just getting one now and upgrading to leopard?

Apple is very secretive about most new product releases. There is no publicly available schedule or normal timetable for new machines. Rest assured that whatever machine you buy now will be more than sufficient for running Leopard as Apple's policy has been to support older machines, sometimes going back several generations. My advice would be that if you need a new machine now, just buy it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
but don't you have to pay for the upgrade to Leopard?

Yes, but why wait 4 months before buying a Mac you want Now? Is it to save $130? how hard would it be to generate that much money in four months?

My friend was actually waiting till june to buy his mac, because of leopard, but now that it has been pushed back, he is dissapointed. Why base your purchase on dates you are not sure of.

I say get the Mac now, and upghrade to Leopard when it comes out. you wont regret it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
not like it matters to me now, but id like to see 1680x1050 in the 15"s

Reaction score
Yes, but why wait 4 months before buying a Mac you want Now? Is it to save $130? how hard would it be to generate that much money in four months?

My friend was actually waiting till june to buy his mac, because of leopard, but now that it has been pushed back, he is dissapointed. Why base your purchase on dates you are not sure of.

I say get the Mac now, and upghrade to Leopard when it comes out. you wont regret it.

aggreed... you won't regret it... no sense in waiting just to see it get pushed back again and again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.