How Do I?

Reaction score
Hello mac users.

I am fairly new to mac's. I am wondering what excatly I need to hook up my macbook so that I can see it on my tv screen (I want to watch mlb.tv on the big screen) tahnks for your help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
What sort of TV do you have? Does it have DVI/VGA inputs? What about sound. Does it have a 3.5mm input jack or a optical audio input? Or does your TV only have composite/component inputs?

OP
D
Reaction score
What sort of TV do you have? Does it have DVI/VGA inputs? What about sound. Does it have a 3.5mm input jack or a optical audio input? Or does your TV only have composite/component inputs?

not 100% sure about that

It has 2 output holes at the front for an audio and video cords

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What about the back? Can you take a look and describe what sort of connections you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea, that's just the adapter. You'll have to get yourself an composite cable to connect the adapter to the TV. Here is the link to the item at the Apple Store

Mini-DVI to Video Adapter

Now, that adapter is just for the video. There is an adapter you can buy that converts 3.5mm to composite. My speakers came with one, I'm sure you can buy one for cheap at your local Radio Shack or equivalent.

Edit: Here we go, Apple has what I'm talking about

Stereo Connection Kit

Now, don't actually BUY the one I linked to. Those are WAY overpriced. I just posted a link so you knew what I was talking about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Yea I would go s-video if you can find a mini-dvi to s-video cable cause the composite video quality on most tvs in minimal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.