RAM for the new Powerbook 1.5 ghz

H

h3o

I just ordered one of the upgraded powerbook 17" and I kept the RAM stock at 512mb because it is expensive to get it from Apple. Anyone have any suggestions on where I can get the RAM for this powerbook for cheap? A friend of mine mentioned something about internal ram and external ram, does this apply with the powerbooks? Can I add without having to remove?

The only other upgrades I made were, graphics card up to 128mb and hard drive up to 5400.

OP
T

TylerMoney

well, corsiar is good, crucial is good.....those are the best from what I've read and heard...you can't really go wrong with either. I have corsair, and they have a lifetime warranty...or they did when I bought mine....

OP
T

trenollet

A good place to order from is newegg.com. I've been buying from them for quite some time and they always deliver within a day or two to Illinois. As a matter of fact, I just ordered 2 512 sticks yesterday for my new 15 PB. With shipping it came to $260.00 for Crucial. I think the corsair was $118.00 each plus shipping.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.