accents in key caps?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
I was fooling around with Key Caps the other day, and discovered that I can do French c's (ç) Spanish n's (ñ) and various other things using different combinations of keys.

I also discovered that I can do accents in Key Caps, but only in uppercase letters.

Usually I use the character palette, but for some reason it's not always there. :confused:

(Yes, witeshark, I have run repair permissions). :)

My question is: how do I make lowercase accents without using the character palette?

(Examples of accents: á ó é ú í, etc - I had to use the character palette to put these in the post).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Ç'est si bon! Time to do a google :)

W

WilliS

œ?´®†¥¨ˆø?“‘«¡™£¢?§¶•ªº–?åß?ƒ©???¬…æ??ç??˜µ??÷

?€‹›??‡°·‚—±Œ„´‰?Á¨ˆØ?”’»ÅÍÎÏ?ÓÔ?ÒÚƸ?Ç??˜Â¯?¿

EDIT: oops... sorry, i was trying every key... i have no clue :(

B

Badger

Beatles4Life said:
I was fooling around with Key Caps the other day, and discovered that I can do French c's (ç) Spanish n's (ñ) and various other things using different combinations of keys.

I also discovered that I can do accents in Key Caps, but only in uppercase letters.

Usually I use the character palette, but for some reason it's not always there. :confused:

(Yes, witeshark, I have run repair permissions). :)

My question is: how do I make lowercase accents without using the character palette?

(Examples of accents: á ó é ú í, etc - I had to use the character palette to put these in the post).
Ç'est bizarre ça!
You should be able to make lower-case accented letters the same way as upper-case but without the shift key. In fact, by default the key display in Key Caps is in lower-case when it opens. You can try some of the basics: check that you have the correct keyboard selected for your system language and check that the font you are using has the characters you want.
Badger

OP
Beatles4Life
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
eureka!

Yo encontré los códigos para acentos, gracias a Google y a Witeshark. :D

(Translation: I found the codes for accents, thanks to Google and Witeshark.) :D

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions. :)

Here is the link I found, in case anyone else wanted to know how to do accents. It's from Penn State, of all places. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.