portable scanner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,white 2.16ghz C2D/2GB RAM/120GB, iPOD 60GB
I need suggestions on what kind and brand of portable USB scanner is best to use with mac.

1. can scan at least A4 size documents
  2. can scan color images (photos, magazine pages, my sketches...)
  3. at least 300dpi resolution

I do creative work and the resolution and color quality is important to me, but I need something very portable, no flatbeds please :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3|800Mhz|256MB Ram|ComboDrive|30GB HD|
I'm looking for the same thing :), can I mooch off of your thread?

Reaction score
What do you look for in your portability? Lightweight? no power source? easy to use?

I've got a canoscan LiDE 35 sitting around and I would say that it is pretty portable for a scanner.

Don't know if this is what you are looking for but I figured I would give the info.

OP
qwinkan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What do you look for in your portability? Lightweight? no power source? easy to use?

I've got a canoscan LiDE 35 sitting around and I would say that it is pretty portable for a scanner.

Don't know if this is what you are looking for but I figured I would give the info.

yea, all of the above, but definitely not flatbeds. Self-feeding types, can scan good quality color images.

I found one from genius but I don't think it's comaptible with MAC OS X

A34FH.jpg

travelscanxp3.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
so some scanners aren't Mac compatible? I'm off to buy one now, I hope I can find something! Those tiny self feeding ones look AWESOME!

OP
qwinkan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so some scanners aren't Mac compatible? I'm off to buy one now, I hope I can find something! Those tiny self feeding ones look AWESOME!

let us know what you find ;D good luck!

Reaction score
Hi

did you find a portable scanner? I am looking for one I can use with my mac ibook when visiting relatives as part of my family history research.

I am a bit worried about feeding valuable photos through a feeder scanner in case i damage them.

Any suggestions/

thanks
dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.