I did ordered it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz Macbook 2GBRAM
My birthdays in a week and I just ordered my 2ghz Macbook 2GB ram and one of the slip cases, went on another site bought parallels 20$ cheaper than retail and bought a laptopbackpack so it will be safe when i start college. I think im set up, now i just have to get the Mac and learn how to use it, which I am really looking forward to. Any other suggestions for necessitys that dont come with it that i might have missed?, and I have a wireless mouse already for it.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz Macbook 2GBRAM
if anyones interested, the title was supposed to be "I ordered it", the did was an accident

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67ghz, Macbook Intel Core Duo 1.86ghz
Sounds like you're set. What course you doing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Congrats JaxMac!! You are going to love your new mac!! I'm a college student as well and I love my macbook. If you need any help, stick around. There are alot of helpful people on here.

And Happy Birthday! :)

Reaction score
I've had my new macbook for about a month now and I LOVE it... you will too. Here's a list of what I think are some of the more important softwares you might want/need.

Software you've installed

AppZapper (great utility to make sure everything included with a program is uninstalled)
ADIUM (chat program that allows you to use ALL you different screennames, aim, yahoo, msn, etc)
1PASSWORD
JUNKMATCHER (spam filter for macmail)
BACKUP (you can get this if you purchase a .Mac account (which I recommend for it's syncing utility alone- although there's a lot more that .Mac has to offer)
PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS (if you're going to be doing any photo editing)
MACJOURNAL
MICROSOFT OFFICE FOR MAC
GOOGLE EARTH
STELLARIUM
FROSTWIRE
LIMEWIRE
ONYX or DiskWarrior (maintenance utility)
image resize
firefox
foxmarks (allows you to save all your bookmarks and sync them from any pc/mac)
Democracy
Toast (for ripping and burning)
Flip4mac (you'll need this to be able to watch windows media files)
stuffitexpander (11)
Norton Anti-Virus for mac (although this is a debatable issue, having anti-virus software in my opinion is just good sense. We (right now) don't need it however, it doesn't mean something might come out OR more importantly to protect all the people you send emails and such to).
WeatherPop (great weather program)
EvoCam
Adobe Acrobat
TextExpander (This Program SAVES SO MUCH TIME)... it automatically inserts text with key words... for example, if I would type in adrx it would automatically insert my address...
iClock
Parallels (if you want to run some windows programs on your mac)...
Also, since you'll be at college, I would look into a tracking program for your mac (like LoJack) as well as a cable lock...

Have a great time at college! Hope this helped!

Scott

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz Macbook 2GBRAM
thanx Scott, ill look into those, and as for the courses im not sure yet, im taking the summer off, so it will be another month or so till I register for classes.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz Macbook 2GBRAM
Go to google, there are different ways to search, go to more and pick products. Type in parallels os x and it will do a search of all the places you can get it online, theres an option of doing the list from lowest price to highest and there are some cheaper than what i got it but they probably wolnt be in stock.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.