anyone with experience with paralells

Reaction score
I'm looking into gettin a mbp 2.3 with 2 gig ram. Does anyone have any experience with parallels. What type of performance hit will the system take.I will be running vista ultimate and adobe cs2. Right now i'm running a dell 3.4 xps with 3 gigs of ram. Will the 2.3 DC be noticably faster.

Reaction score
I'm looking into gettin a mbp 2.3 with 2 gig ram. Does anyone have any experience with parallels. What type of performance hit will the system take.I will be running vista ultimate and adobe cs2. Right now i'm running a dell 3.4 xps with 3 gigs of ram. Will the 2.3 DC be noticably faster.

I use parallel w/ my macbook (2.0CD w/ 2Gig Ram). I've allocated 768mb of ram to parallel, and use win xp w/ PS CS2. I've had no problems with it so far. I'm not sure if the 2.3 will be faster. It runs nice and quick for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The Core2Duo in the MBP will most definitely be faster than the processor you currently have in your Dell, especially since you'll be using a program where you can actually notice a difference.

I have a 2.0 GHz Macbook with 2GB of RAM and I can run Parallels quite smoothly. I used to run it when I had 1GB of RAM and while the machine slowed a bit when Windows was loading in a Parallels window, it was relatively smooth afterwards. Now with 2GB, Parallels loads without a hiccup.

I have tried both XP and Vista in Parallels and I stick with XP only because it requires fewer resources to run smoothly. So I can allocate just 512MB of RAM to it and it'll run just fine. Vista, on the other hand, wouldn't run as smooth with that amount of memory. 1GB would be ideal, but I've managed with 768MB (only because Aero doesn't work in Parallels).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.